Flexible operating environments
- Compatible with MS-DOS and current Windows operating systems.
- Also supports Red Hat Linux, complete with appropriate device drivers.
- Based on PC architecture, the ST-7000 can run off-the-shelf applications and specific software for niche retail sectors.
Eliminate system bottlenecks
- 1.2 GHz or fast 2.0 GHz Intel CeleronTM embedded processor (upgradeable to Pentium 4 – 2.8 GHz)
- 32-bit PCI bus
- Memory up to 2 GB reduces paging.
Low cost of ownership
- Open system (OLE POS): protect your investment in existing POS peripherals.
- With powered USB available, you have a future-proof hardware platform.
- Powered USB ports make it easy to connect or replace POS peripherals.
- Easy installation, requiring just a single power outlet.
- Easy connection and disconnection of peripheral devices via the external interfaces at the rear of the machine.
- Slide-out modules.
Hard disk, internal UPS (optional on the standard model), and motherboard are accessible via slide-out modules. The key components can be swapped out easily and efficiently.
- Minimise downtime.
- Reduce overall cost of maintenance.
- Improve checkout productivity.
Security and reliability
- Internal UPS (optional on standard model)
- Front panel cover with key lock preventing unauthorised access to CD drive and power switch
- CPU monitoring, ‘heat release’ design improving cabinet air flow.
Exceptional connectivity is achieved via the new industrial power supply, which is built to run the POS and all peripherals from a single AC outlet.
|Model ||Entry model |
|Standard models |
|CPU ||Celeron 1.2 GHz ||2E: Celeron 2.0 GHz |
P: Pentiium 2.8 GHz
|Memory ||128 MB, 2 slots (max. 2 GB) ||256 MB, 2 slots (max. 2 GB) |
| ||PC2100 DDR SDRAM without ECC ||PC2100/PC2700 DDR SDRAM with ECC |
|Interfaces ||RS-232C x 2, powered RS232C x 2, optional powered RS232C x 2 ||RS-232C x 2, powered RS232C x 3, optional powered RS232C x 1 |
| ||Powered USB option (12V x 3 and 24V x 1 or 24V x 1) ||Powered USB 12V x 3, 24V x 1 |
| ||USB x 1 Version 2.0 (front) ||USB x 2 Version 2.0 (front and rear) |
| ||VGA x 1 ||VGA x 1 |
| ||Parallel x 1 ||Parallel x 1 |
| ||Drawer x 2 ||Drawer x 2 |
| ||PS/2 keyboard ||PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse |
| ||LAN (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX) ||LAN (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX) |
| ||Line-out, Mic-in (option) ||Line-out/Mic-in |
|Slots ||PCI x 2 ||PCI x 2 |
|FDD ||Option (external) ||Option (external) |
|HDD ||Option (3.5" x 2 bay) ||Option (3.5" x 2 bay) |
|CD-R/RW ||Option (mount kit) ||Option (mount kit) |
|Digital display I/F ||Option (LVDS) ||Option (DVI-D/LVDS) |
|AC outlet ||Yes ||Yes |
|Printer power supply ||+24V OUT ||+24V OUT |
|UPS ||No ||Option |
|Dimensions ||315 (W) x 466 (D) x 112.5 (H) mm ||315 (W) x 466 (D) x 112.5 (H) mm |
|Weight ||9.5 kg (excluding options) ||9.5 kg (excluding options) |
|Support OS ||Windows 2000, Windows XP, DOS V6.22, Certified Linux ||Windows 2000, Windows XP, DOS V6.22, Certified Linux |